Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech and Language Therapist (Band 5/6)
Role: Speech & Language Therapist (NQP / SLT / Specialist – Band 5/6 equivalent)
Salary: Depending on Experience
Hours: Full time 40 hours a week
Location: Cygnet St William’s, Cornwall Avenue, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 2LJ
Cygnet St William’s is an established purpose-built 12-bedded unit providing neuropsychiatric rehabilitation for men with mental health difficulties and acquired brain injury or neurodegenerative conditions. The service focuses on supporting individuals to optimise their independence, choice and opportunity and puts the individual at the centre of their care-planning. With the right support and our innovative and proactive rehabilitation environment, our aim is to support service users to return to the community or another suitable care pathway placement.
You will work to assess their speech, communication and language needs (SCLN) in all environments. As part of a multi-disciplinary team on-site, you will work with all staff across the hospital to support the implementation of the therapeutic and neuropsychiatric approach demonstrating an interest in upskilling the workforce. There will be the opportunity to provide cross-cover to Cygnet Newham House (Middlesbrough) which is 20-bedded female Neuropsychiatry service and work closely with the Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist. You will be part of a company-wide SLT service and contribute to the service development initiatives.
Dysphagia assessment and management skills are desirable to support individuals with or without the requirement of PEG support and/or modified diets, however, training can be provided. As such, this role would also be suitable for an experienced Band 5 SLT who is ready to progress to a band 6 role.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- You will have a fixed caseload number to support intensive SLT-focused interventions
- We are passionate about person-centred care and actively focus on this in practice
- We actively seek out CPD opportunities to ensure SLTs can evidence lifelong learning – there is the opportunity to receive formal Dysphagia training and qualification if not already completed
- You will have supervision from the a Highly Specialist SLT in Neuropsychiatry and line management from the clinical manager at Cygnet St Williams
- We will have a network of 50+ SLTs in the Cygnet Group working within different specialisms including Neuropsychiatry, LD and ASD, CAMHS, Older Adults Mental Health and Social Care
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Speech and Language Therapist with the HCPC
- Experience in the field of ABI / neurodegenerative conditions
- An understanding of SLT process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Dysphagia competencies (desirable) or an interest in developing skills in this area of practice
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary, with 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Regular CPD, including 1:1 weekly calls, monthly Clinical Supervision and routine service line meetings within Cygnet’s Health Care Division
- Full induction training
- Free meals and free parking during working hours
- Travel expenses reimbursed from base location
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced maternity
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Company Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings, Blue Light Card & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- COVID-19 compliant environments
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Healthcare) on 07885 476 384 or Katie Dixon, Specialist Recruiter on 07436 256 225.
Closing date: 1 month
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.