Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapist (FTC)
Speech and Language Therapist
Salary – starting salary £28,500
Full-time, fixed-term (ending January 2025)
Base: Cygnet Hospital Harrow, London Road, Harrow-in-the-Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3JL
This post is based at Cygnet Hospital Harrow, delivering SLT input to two units that provide rehabilitation to men with mental illness and a secondary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Individuals are supported through a specialist pathway from the Springs Centre (rehabilitation) onto the Springs Wing (open rehabilitation) enabling a continued focus on recovery through meaningful activity and engagement in local community initiatives. Our aim is to support service users to live as independently as possible.
This post would suit a newly qualified SLT looking for their first post or a recently qualified SLT wishing to build on post-graduate experiences to pursue a role working in the fields of Autism and Mental Health. This is a fixed-term contract covering a maternity leave – there may be the possibility of extension.
Five reasons you should apply!
- A fixed caseload enabling the delivery of genuinely person-centred care and that supports intensive SLT-focused interventions
- There is a strong focus on an Inclusive Communication Approach and you will be well-resourced to continue develop an appealing and interactive Inclusive Communication Environment
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- An NQP development programme that supports the development of clinical, professional and personal skills and providing wide-ranging experiences and evidence towards the completion of NQP competencies
- Clinical supervision from a highly experienced SLT with expertise in this field
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to deliver an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within an in-patient service. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy for Healthcare and the onsite service manager. You will be work alongside another SLT who is based at site and receive clinical supervision from a highly specialist SLT.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Placement experience or strong interest in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance relevant inpatient care
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
In return we offer:
- Monthly Clinical Supervision from a highly experienced SLT in this field of practice and high-quality support in completion of RCSLT NQP Competencies Framework
- Access to over 50 SLTs working in like-for-like environments
- Regular CPD, development and networking opportunities
- Free meals and free parking during working hours
- Employee referral scheme
- Enhanced maternity
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings, Blue Light Card & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now. For more information please contact our recruiter Katie Dixon (07436 256 225) or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT for Healthcare (07885 476 384).
To find out more about us please visit www.cygnethealth.co.uk
Closing date: 1 month
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.