Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist Band 6 or 7 who would like to explore a more rewarding managerial and clinical challenge in Neuro psychiatric services? Are you ready to further develop your managerial and clinical skills? Are you passionate about teamwork? We want to recruit an exceptional Physiotherapist to this Band 7 post.
Post: Highly Specialist (Band 7) Head Physiotherapist
Base: The Paddocks Cygnet Hospital , Widnes.
Responsible for: The post holder will lead the physiotherapy provision within the service and play a key role within the MDT.
Responsible to: Service Manager at Cygnet Paddocks and National Lead Physiotherapist Cygnet.
Hours: 40 hours per week (Inclusive of meal breaks)
Salary: £45,492 - £52,058
Location: Widnes, WA8 5UY
Join our supportive multi professional team committed to delivering high quality patient care, make an application today.
There are specialist service line groups within Cygnet services which promote and provide CPD whilst working together to improve and advance the clinical care and treatment provided to our patients , we also work together as a team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development. We highly value clinical supervision .
Cygnet Paddocks in Widnes will offer an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which will be unique in its ability to meet the complex needs of each individual. The individually designed wards will replicate the well-established rehabilitation and treatment pathways already successfully offered by Cygnet in other Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation services; facilitating a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation. This service will be able to accept individuals using a variety of legal frameworks, including those under the Mental Health Act. Offering a pathway right through the service, Cygnet Paddocks will include an area that focuses on independent living, enabling individuals to move seamlessly into their preferred long-term living options.
As a Physiotherapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service. Working in partnership with other disciplines to best meet the needs of the individual patients.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop treatment programmes according to service user’s diagnosis, identified needs and their individual wishes. You will play a key role in delivering the neuro psychiatric model of care, which puts the patient at the centre of all we do as a team .
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- You will be a part of a multi professional team.
- National opportunities to network with peers and support further CPD , and skill acquisition .
- Opportunity to focus on service development within the neuro psychiatric services to champion service user’s needs for physical activity and well being.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Physiotherapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experienced in working with adults who have neurological deficits.
- Working as a Band 7.
- A good broad understanding of rehabilitation and keen to take a “hands on” approach
- Able to effectively lead a small team, and work within a wider multi professional team.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- The desire to complete further professional development which contributes to service development .
- Passionate about student education
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary £45,492 - £52,058
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example support towards external courses , and further specialist professional training .
- Opportunities for leadership and management training
- Training days provided in house within team , and across service line meetings .
- Expert clinical supervision will be provided by Cygnet Lead Physiotherapist .
- Bi-monthly CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Kay O’Neill Lead Physiotherapist KayO’Neill@cygnethealth.co.uk or our in house recruiter Katie Dixon KatieDixon@cygnethealth.co.uk
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*