Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD)
Are you an experienced RMN/RNLD registered professional looking for their next challenge?
We’re looking for a Ward Manager with a passion for delivering high quality care to join our fantastic new specialist Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation service due to open mid 2024.
You will be working full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Please note this role does carry the responsibility of on-call duties as and when required in support of the Service.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
Enabling positive outcomes & recovery for our service users – it’s a challenging, satisfying vocation.
So if you want to make a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
Cygnet Paddocks is our new specialist Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation service for men. The service will provide a dedicated care pathway for men affected by acquired brain injury or neurological conditions, where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
The individually designed wards will replicate the well-established rehabilitation and treatment pathways already successfully offered by Cygnet in other Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation services; facilitating a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway led by an all-encompassing in-house clinical and medical team.
- Demonstrating and upholding the highest standards of nursing care, serving as an exemplary role model to junior staff by showcasing best practices in patient care, empathy, and professional conduct.
- Oversee and coordinate all clinical activities within the ward, ensuring effective collaboration and communication between different clinical departments.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure that clinical strategies are aligned, and patient care plans are coordinated and consistent.
- Regularly review and update policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and audit the adherence of staff to established policies, procedures, and regulations, providing guidance and support to ensure full compliance.
- Organize and facilitate regular debrief sessions, appraisals, and training to offer support and guidance to staff members, addressing challenges and promoting continuous professional development.
- Lead by example to ensure that consistently high standards of clinical care and documentation are maintained throughout the ward.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A qualified Nurse (RNLD or RMN)
- A talented and compassionate leader with strong line management & communication skills
- Experienced within a Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation setting
- An effective people, time & task manager with a proven track record of working with varied stakeholders in the delivery of outstanding care.
- Extensive experience in a forensic mental health service, specifically in a Neuropsychiatric setting, demonstrating a deep understanding of the unique challenges and requirements in this environment.
- A proven track record of successfully managing complex cases and navigating challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively oversee day-to-day operations within the Ward, showcasing efficiency and effective decision-making skills.
- Strong clinical leadership skills to ensure the delivery of high-quality care and effective treatment plans within the Service.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Pension scheme
- Blue Light Discount Scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
Plus much more.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Informal calls are encouraged, for any further information please contact Vicky on VickyLinstead@cygnethealth.co.uk
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.