Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for an Activity Coordinator to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Sherwood.
This role will be working 42 hours per week across 7 days.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood:
Cygnet Hospital Sherwood, is our new 3 ward, 44-bed hospital in Rainworth, Nottinghamshire. Cygnet Hospital Sherwood will provide a highly specialised service for men in acute and PICU settings.
We are seeking an academically strong candidate to support and enhance the care of patients at the service by assisting the Occupational Therapist with;
- Encouraging patients to access and become involved in a variety of activities as well maintaining any pre-existing hobbies.
- Planning and implementing therapy programmes whilst ensuring appropriate materials are obtained.
- Contributing ideas, facilitating events and activities in a safe manner
- Supporting groups and 1:1 sessions.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Experience and/or a passion for working in healthcare
- Some knowledge of Occupational Therapy
- A creative flair and the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- An awareness of recovery approaches and social inclusion (desirable)
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.