Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Hospital Tutor & Recovery College Lead
Hope, Control and Opportunity are at the heart of the Recovery College and should be reflected in everything we do. Please apply if you feel you meet the criteria and have the values, skills and passion to become Hospital Tutor & Recovery College Lead.
The successful candidate will deliver the Recovery College Model to support people’s recovery through the Forensic Mental health service using learning, skills development and co-production to provide innovative education opportunities. They will empower individuals in our care to achieve their personal learning goals and build confidence and skills through education and co-production. There are a wide range of accredited courses people in our care can be supported to co-produce, co-facilitate and achieve. Courses should be recovery focused and aim to instil a sense of hope for the future. We rely on service users as experts by experience to help create courses together that add to and build on their recovery journey.
Co-production can mean different things to different people however some of the key features of co-production include;
- Recognising people who use services as individuals with skills and knowledge
- Break down the barriers between people who use services and professionals
- Build on people’s existing capabilities
- Include reciprocity (where people get something back for having done something for others) and mutuality (people working together to achieve their shared interests)
- Work with peer and personal support networks alongside professional networks
- Facilitate services by helping organisations to become agents for change rather than just being service providers
The successful candidate will be…
- Passionate about co-production and its role in mental health recovery
- Able and willing to work flexibly, to meet the needs of the service
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of risk management
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of professional boundaries
- Motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Managerial and clinical supervision will be delivered by the OT dept.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.