Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Specialist Speech And Language Therapist (CAMHS Inpatient)
Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (CAMHS Inpatient)
Salary: £26849 DOE (Up to £47749 FTE), Salary will be based on skills and experience
Permanent 22.5 hours per week
Location: Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital, Coventry, CV2 4BF
We are looking for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with a passion for delivering outstanding care and treatment, to join us at our CAMHS service at Cygnet Joyce Parker (Coventry).
Joyce Parker Hospital offers a specialist CAMHS service supporting young people aged between 12-18 with a range of mental health needs in low secure, psychiatric intensive care and acute environments. The aim of the service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
As a Specialist SLT, you would be holding a consistent caseload and providing clinical supervision to a band 5 SLT based at the service on a full-time basis.
In this role you will:
- Deliver and lead a specialist clinical service for SLT
- Deliver teaching/training and work in close collaboration with the education staff
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the Speech and Language Therapy service through embedding the approved pathways of care
- Further embed the SLT service within the service
- Directly report in to the Clinical Lead SLT for Mental Health and on-site Hospital Director
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- A Diploma/Degree in Speech and Language Therapy and Current State Registration with HCPC and membership of professional body (RCSLT)
- Experience in the field of child and adolescents including Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions and the associated complexities of the client population
- Excellent understanding of core and innovative Speech and Language Therapy skills and current best practice for the client population
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about the people we support and constantly strive to deliver the highest quality service possible
- There is the opportunity to build and grow a service under excellent leadership and support
- Low caseload numbers support to intensive SLT-focused interventions, whilst affording you the time needed for the managerial responsibilities associated with a band 7 position
- We invest in the development of your clinical and professional skills to support your career progression
- We have a national network of over 50 SLTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD, ASD, Acute mental health, neuropsychiatry and inpatient CAMHS
In return we’ll offer you:
- An immediate peer network of SLTs working within Cygnet CAMHS locations
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties including an Apprenticeship in Leadership and Management
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists
- CPD and Developmental opportunities
- Meal provision on duty
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
Full induction training is given and you will receive clinical supervision through a member of the Speech and language Therapy team.
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please contact Dominique St Clair Miller (Director of SLT, Healthcare) on 07885 476 384 or Celia Jarvis (In-house Recruiter) on 07702 847 341 for an informal discussion.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.