Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Payroll Team Leader
We are looking for a Payroll Team Leader to join our finance team at Nepicar House, Sevenoaks, Kent.
Cygnet was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of health and social care services for young people and adults with mental health needs, acquired brain injuries, eating disorders, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Day to Day:
- Support the end to end payroll cycle for the business, including hands on processing where required to support the team
- Complete manual systems backups on the agreed schedule,( Schedule needs to be agreed)
- Provide review of regular Payroll main runs to ensure accuracy (1st line checks)
- Support with system wide calculations within the pay cycle, transfers between payroll companies and payroll number allocation for re-hired employees (Transfers need to be date driven)
- Support where required with HMRC communications such as tax code downloads, FPS and EPS submissions
- Assist with the closing of payroll cycles and report running
- Support the payroll team manager with outstanding requests/escalations within the payroll portal
- Mentor and support the team to assist with training and continued professional development
- Identify and escalate any performance issues or training needs to payroll manager
- Identify and report to the payroll Team manager, staff that are performing over and above expectations
- Provide positive feedback to the team where appropriate and warranted
- Perform one to ones on a weekly basis
- Work with the Payroll Team Manager to maintain and review payroll calendars to plan resource and monitor payroll cycles
- Review controls with a view to recommending improvements and identifying new areas of risk
- Work with other senior members of the team and wider business to manage expectations, communication and provide resolution to issues
- Support the implementation of new systems and/or processes, providing training to the team where required.
- Monthly control account reconciliations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.