Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Specialist or Highly Specialist Dietitian (Band 6/7)
Post: Specialist or Highly Specialist Dietitian (Band 6/7)
Salary: Up to £19,900 (£49,750 WTE)
Hours: Part-time – 2 days per week
Are you interested in exploring the role of a Dietitian in the field of mental health? If so, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Registered Dietitian to join our team of dietitians working within our specialist services for men with acquired brain injury or neurodegenerative disease at Cygnet Brunel, Bristol.
This post is suitable for an established band 6 or someone transitioning to band 7 equivalent level.
Cygnet Brunel is a 32-bed male Neuropsychiatric service which has been designed specifically to provide a clinically led evidence-based neuropsychiatric pathway for individuals presenting with behaviours that challenge. Our focus is to create a therapeutic rich environment which engages individuals and provides the opportunity to minimise challenging behaviour whilst maximising independence.
We are looking for a motivated Dietitian wanting to expand their skills, or learn new skills within neuropsychiatric inpatient setting. We will support you in developing the knowledge and skills you need to transition into such a role.
What does the role involve?
As the Dietitian for the service, you will determine how the dietetic input is best delivered to meet the needs of the individuals and the service. This may involve a combination of direct 1:1 input, advice and guidance to staff supporting individuals, unit-based clinics and possibly group work to manage a range of complex presentations. You will provide comprehensive Dietetic assessment of need to those referred for Dietetic input, producing individualised Dietetic plans for individuals and work in close collaboration with the catering team, Speech and Language Team and wider multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist advice on feeding regimes.
Candidates should be a Registered Dietitian, preferably with some experience of working in either a neurorehabilitation or mental health setting. A working knowledge of behaviour change approaches and motivational interviewing would be desirable.
What is exciting about this post?
You will have the opportunity to participate in policy development, audit, research activities, pathway development, staff and student training at both a local and national level.
5 Reasons you should apply!
- Cygnet Brunel is an established service, with a culture of recognising and celebrating success and having fun whilst making a meaningful change to people’s lives.
- Cygnet Brunel has an MDT that embraces and promotes interdisciplinary working – you would be well supported by your local team.
- Cygnet has a growing network of Dietitians employed by Cygnet and can therefore provide clinical supervision from another Dietitian working in Mental Health services.
- Cygnet invests in their staff, offering internal and external CPD opportunities to ensure staff are able to deliver the best possible standard of care.
- Cygnet has a strong focus on research and quality improvement and encourages clinicians to actively participate in these areas.
The successful candidate should be / have:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Dietetics, registration with HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the BDA (British Dietetic Association)
- Able to meet the requirements of the Job Description
- Experience of working in an in-patient setting and / or in the field of neurorehabilitation or neurodegenerative conditions is strongly desirable
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
What else is on offer?
In return for your commitment and dedication we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free meals on duty
- Employee rewards and discount benefits scheme including NHS discounts and cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation and health checks.
- Full induction training
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you. Please contact Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Healthcare) and Dietetics on 07885 476 384 or Celia Jarvis, Specialist Recruiter on 07702 847 341.
Closing date: ONE MONTH
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.