Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Deputy Home Manager
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team at Cygnet Conifers.
Conifers is a specialist residential home providing outcome focused care for adults with a primary diagnosis of profound to moderate learning disability and autism with associated complex needs. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective environment, promoting independence and community integration. Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on each person’s specific needs. We understand that consistency and continuity of care is important for the individuals we support.
In this role you’ll:
- Build professional relationships with the residents and staff at your establishment and throughout the company
- You will be able to communicate effectively with outside agencies to promote the service
- Be responsible for working as part of a team and growing the staffing requirements to meet the needs of residents
- Conduct and effectively manage the staff team.
- Be required to have a share in on call duties
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance is set out in line with CQC guidelines
We're looking for people who have:
- A proven track record of managing Learning disabilities, Autism or challenging behaviours
- Outstanding staff management and organisation skills
- Familiarity with and the ability to apply CQC, the Mental Health Capacity Act and other professional regulations
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health and Social Care or working towards.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- A competitive salary of £30,000 per annum rising to £32,196 after probation.
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.