Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Physical Health Nurse (RGN)
We are looking for a Physical Health Nurse (RGN) with a current UK NMC PIN number & A passion for delivering outstanding care to join us on a full time basis (40 hours per week) onsite at Cygnet Hospital Bury.
Responsible for co-ordinating the GP clinic on a weekly basis, referring patients if other health professional involvement is indicated, ensuring that documentation is completed i.e. GP notes, physical health monitoring forms and Physical Health Care Plans.
The role will involve liaising with the teams on each clinical area, responding to the educational needs of patients and becoming involved in the training of staff as required.
Cygnet Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Co-ordinate the GP & Blood clinic on a weekly basis.
- Closely monitor patient health issues such as obesity, hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, COPD, minor injuries and illnesses.
- Develop education groups / provide information to patients inc. healthy living groups, smoking cessation sessions, well woman / man clinics, drug and alcohol awareness with a view to promoting health, recovery and independence.
- Liaise with pharmacist and contribute to medicines management committee.
- Support mental health nursing staff in managing minor injuries and wound care management.
- Advise staff as required to continue to maintain quality physical health monitoring in absence of physical health team during out of hours.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RGN with a current or upcoming Pin Number, you’ll have…
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research & assessment
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.