Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Operative with a passion for making a difference to others.
You’ll be working 37.5 hours per week at Cygnet Hospital Bierley, helping provide a safe and healthy environment for the people in our care. This position is Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm and the successful applicant will be required to be on call (OOH rota), on completion of probation and traning.
Cygnet Hospital Bierley provides a range of acute and low secure mental health services for men and women.
The hospital is set across four wards offering single-sex male and female specialist mental health services. All our services are provided under the umbrella of a recovery orientated approach and are reviewed through the CPA framework.
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance & repair service
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain plant, services & vehicles in working order
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment & potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasions be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- Experienced in all types of painting and decorating in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Willing to travel & hold a full valid driving licence
- Able to communicate at all levels & record detailed, accurate maintenance information
- Skilled at DIY & general maintenance
- Preferably Level 2 Diploma qualified in Painting & Decorating/Maintenance
- Friendly, conscientious & an excellent team member with a positive attitude
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.