Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Housekeeper - Part Time
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a service for women with complex mental health needs. Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including PICU, acute admissions and personality disorder services.
We are currently recruiting for a part time Housekeeper to provide general cleaning and housekeeping duties at the Hospital and help maintain a safe & healthy environment for our service users.
You will be working 15hrs hours a week covering 6am - 2pm shifts 2 days a week. The days can be flexible/negotiable.
You must have previous experience of working in a mental heath or similar hospital setting as the role would involve going into patient rooms to clean on the wards.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Thorough cleaning of all areas of the Hospital including on the ward, as directed by the Head Housekeeper and in accordance with the agreed Housekeeping standards.
- Maintain & replenish stock and ensure that equipment is clean & well maintained
- Ensure cleaning schedule is maintained and documented evidence is completed
- Employ safe working practices & adhere to health & safety procedures
- Undertake any necessary training including COSHH/Mandatory training etc.
- Comply with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
- Experienced in cleaning, housekeeping or domestic work ideally in a hospital setting
- Knowledgeable of COSHH (desirable)
- Friendly, conscientious & have a positive attitude
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and take the lead when required.
- Have a sense of compassion and empathy for those with mental health problems to work in a challenging environment.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.