Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Speech And Language Therapy Assistant
Speech and Language Therapy Assistant
Salary: £26,911 WTE
Full time - 40 hours per week
Location: Newham House, Middlesbrough
We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant.
Cygnet Newham House is our 20-bed Neuropsychiatric care and treatment facility for women with acquired brain injury. This service provides individuals with one care pathway, ensuring a smooth transition through their rehabilitation.
This post will combine clinical and administrative support roles: you will be supported to work directly with individuals to deliver one-to-one and group therapy programmes, under the direction of a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (SLT), support the SLT in embedding any communication recommendations into the service. This will involve spending time with staff to model how to use specific techniques that enhance communication. You will spend a large proportion of your time creating visual resources for individuals and developing the inclusive communication environments in these locations. You will receive monthly supervision and weekly 1-2-1 session with your clinical supervisor.
We are looking for some with:
- An interest in Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience in the field of brain injury and progressive neurological conditions
- A genuine desire to help others
- Ability to follow and comply with delegated tasks
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and passion
- Ability to use a computer
In return we offer:
- Opportunities for your own learning and development
- Clinical Supervision from a Speech and Language Therapist
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employee rewards, discount benefits scheme including Blue Light Card and NHS discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Full induction training is given
- Free meals and parking on site
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
We anticipate a high number of applications for this position therefore please take the time to tailor your application to the advertised role and clearly advise why you want a career in Speech and Language Therapy.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Katie Dixon, Recruiter on 07436 256 225 or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT (Health Care) on 07885 476 384.
Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
Interviews will take place in person.
Provisional date of interviews: Wednesday 6th March 2024
Please note, this may be subject to change.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.