Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
As a Ward Clerk, you’ll help ensure the smooth & safe management of our patient care on the ward.
Cygnet Brunel in Bristol offers an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
The individually designed wards facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you!
- Assisting the wards to generate & complete relevant forms following Ward Round meetings where necessary (e.g. Notice to Accounts / S17 Leave forms / Pre Leave Assessment Forms).
- Helping to ensure the wards are compliant with various clinical dashboards (e.g. advising when care plans are due for review).
- Ensuring paperwork is submitted so the patient database is kept up to date.
- Assist with the collection of required data to meet corporate requirements.
- Attending Ward Rounds, taking minutes, editing and issuing the reports.
- Maintain effective filing systems and decant service user notes in line with Medical Records policy and procedure.
- Liaise internally regarding ward round meetings as required.
- Liaise with external agencies, referrers, other professionals and relatives.
- Attend and take minutes at meetings as requested.
- Record all enquiries using appropriate documentation and ensure action is taken where necessary.
- Provide cover in the Reception area for breaks, leave etc. to include handling the hospital switchboard efficiently and carrying out other duties in this area as requested.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of patient related data at all times.
- Experienced in administration in a fast-paced hospital environment
- Organised, diligent and can strictly adhere to processes & procedures
- Knowledgeable of mental health & patient confidentiality issues
- Skilled at inputting, pulling & analysing data using Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc
- An excellent verbal & written communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to swiftly solve problems & work under pressure without compromising quality
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.