Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Mental Health Act Administrator
Join Our New Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service:
Cygnet Paddocks is our New purpose built, Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service located in Widnes, Cheshire set to open its doors in June 2024.
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Act Assistant to support the MHA Administrator in ensuring the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 at Cygnet Paddocks (Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm), which offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment.
Cygnet Paddocks will offer an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
Supporting the level 1 Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation Pathway for the North West, with a focus exclusively on Adult Males. Paddocks has individually designed wards to facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
- Scrutinising section papers and checking that relevant paperwork is present and correct – reporting to the MHA Administrator any areas which require amendment
- Ensuring that diaries and spreadsheets are updated with listings of hearings
- Notifying all parties concerned regarding report deadlines and dates of hearings
- Chasing up reports for all Tribunal and Managers Hearings
- Contacting Hospital Managers and arranging their attendance at Hearings
- Assist the Tribunal Clerk when required to do so, ensuring that the room is set up, paperwork available and collecting visitors from reception and to liaise with the Tribunal panel in the absence of the Clerk
- Data input of Section within the Mental health Act spreadsheet
- Covering MHA Administrator in his/her absence
- Complete Mental Health Act Audits using Corporate Template for All Wards.
- Adapt to changes in organising new protocols for Tribunals and Managers Hearing in response to COVID - 19
- Attending Meeting in the absence of the Mental Health Administrator
- Liaise with external Agencies & the Multi-disciplinary Team within the Hospital setting
We are looking for people who have
- Previous administration experience including report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with qualifications in English and Maths
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment alongside medical practitioners is desirable
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) is desirable
- Knowledge of compliance and auditing systems required by regulatory bodies (CQC) is desirable
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.