Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Join Our New Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service:
Cygnet Paddocks is our New purpose built, Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service located in Widnes, Cheshire set to open its doors in June 2024.
We are looking for a friendly, professional Medical Secretary with a passion for making a difference to others.
You’ll be working full time (40 hours a week Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm) at Cygnet Paddocks, helping ensure the safe and smooth running of services for the people in our care.
Cygnet Paddocks will offer an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
Supporting the level 1 Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation Pathway for the North West, with a focus exclusively on Adult Males. Paddocks has individually designed wards to facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making difference to people’s lives.
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support to members of the medical team
- Maintain a good working relationship with clinicians & caring professionals
- Attend & take minutes at a variety of clinical meetings, hearings & tribunals
- Produce high quality admission & discharge summaries & tribunal reports
- Type minutes, care plan approach reports & care plan outcomes
- Create & maintain patient records & paper files
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount savings
We are looking for someone who is...
- Service orientated, with Medical Secretary experience & knowledge of mental health
- Flexible, adaptable, organised & responsible
- An excellent typist, preferably to RSA 2 level & with audio transcription skills
- Calm under pressure & able to work independently & as part of a team
- A strong written & verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and databases
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.