Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Join Our New Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service:
Cygnet Paddocks is our New purpose built, Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service located in Widnes, Cheshire set to open its doors in June 2024.
We are looking for an outstanding Assistant Chef/Kitchen Assistant/Catering Assistant who’s passionate about food and wants to make a difference.
You’ll be working [full time (40 hours a week 8am – 7pm across 7 days) at Cygnet Paddocks, creating an excellent experience for the people in our care.
Cygnet Paddocks will offer an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
Supporting the level 1 Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation Pathway for the North West, with a focus exclusively on Adult Males. Paddocks has individually designed wards to facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Assist in the preparation of balanced, appetising meals
- Perform cooking tasks & other kitchen duties
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Wash utensils, dishes & make sure they are stored appropriately
- Rotate stock & put away all deliveries
- Maintain personal hygiene to comply with Cygnet standards and food hygiene regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount savings
- Experienced in catering, preferably within a care setting
- The holder of a food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn & an active team member
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Diligent & take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness
- Able to work on your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.