Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance Assistant with a passion for making a difference to others.
You’ll be working full-time 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) at Tupwood Gate Nursing Home, helping provide a safe and healthy environment for the people in our care.
Tupwood Gate is a Nursing Home located in the quiet residential town of Caterham in Surrey, providing outcome-focused care for adults who may be physically frail, a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Tupwood Gate provides short-stay or longer-term care, offering award winning end of life care.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
Your day-to-day at Tupwood Nursing Home...
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance & repair service
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain plant, services & vehicles in working order
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment & potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasion be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
- Experienced in all types of painting and decorating in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Willing to travel & hold a full valid driving licence
- Able to communicate at all levels & record detailed, accurate maintenance information
- Skilled at DIY & general maintenance
- Preferably Level 2 Diploma qualified in Painting & Decorating/Maintenance
- Friendly, conscientious & an excellent team member with a positive attitude
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If interested please apply below or forward your CV to JamesCooper1@cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.