Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Maintenance Assistant (Part time)
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a service for women with complex mental health needs. Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including PICU, acute admissions and personality disorder services.
We are currently recruiting for a part time Maintenance Assistant to work 3 fixed days a week carrying out day-to-day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the hospital is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
No specific qualifications needed however applicants will need to have a general background of maintenance work i.e. carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating and must be a driver with full UK driving licence.
You will work 3 days/22.5hours a week between 8am - 4.30pm.
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance and planned remedial works to keep plant, services and vehicles in working order, keeping records of call-outs and routine checks as directed.
- Carry out a range of tasks including basic joinery, plumbing, painting & general building work
- Maintain equipment, services & vehicles
- Comply with safe working practices & report faulty equipment and potential hazards
- Travel to other sites & on occasions be on call to carry out emergency repairs outside of normal working hours
- Check the fire alarm points weekly, including fire exits, door retaining devices & fire emergency lights
We are looking for people who have...
- Previous experience working within a team and on your own in a maintenance / building contractors role.
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence
- Previous experience of repairing of various equipment and materials, painting, decorating, plumbing, carpentry and basic wiring work.
- Preferably hold a City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in Carpentry or plumbing.
- A working knowledge of health and safety requirements and safe working practices.
- A good practical knowledge in basic plumbing would be an advantage.
- Fluent in the English Language both verbal and written
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply below
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.