Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Are you already an Occupational Therapy Assistant looking for a new challenge, or do you have a keen interest in this area of work and a desire to enhance your knowledge and understanding of Occupational Therapy.
Would you like to explore a more rewarding career in a mental health services?
Post: (Band 4 equivalent) Occupational Therapist Assistant
Base: Cygnet Acer Clinic
- Supporting OT service delivery within the Personality Disorder Services
- Working with a Senior Occupational Therapist within Cygnet Acer Clinic
Responsible to: Senior Occupational Therapist
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Cygnet Acer Clinic, Worksop Road, Mastin Moor, chesterfield, S43 3DN
Join our supportive friendly team and make an application today.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
This is an exciting post for an individual who wishes to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of the Occupational Therapy profession within this role as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. The role offers a unique opportunity within the Personality Disorder Services here at Cygnet Acer Clinic. Acer Clinic consists of two wards Upper and Lower House. Upper House is an Acute Mental Health Service for Females and Lower House is a Rehabilitation Unit for Females with a diagnosis of Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.
The Unit has access to their own Occupational Therapy resources including an OT kitchen and Activity Room, which are shared spaces to provide specialist interventions.
You will be responsible for providing direct clinical interventions under the direction of an experienced qualified Occupational Therapist. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an Occupational Therapy treatment programme to meet the patients’ needs to support them with their recovery in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will carry a clinical caseload on your identified wards working closely with the multi-disciplinary teams. Joint working across the different wards will provide additional learning and professional development opportunities. In house and external training is provided (as required) to support you to develop your professional skills.
If you would like to know more Katie Dixon (recruitment team) on 0121 728 8111 or KatieDixon@cygnethealth.co.uk
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services.
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills.
- You will be working with a Senior Occupational Therapist with extensive years of experience within the field of Mental Health.
- National networks of over 150 OTs & over 300 OTAs and Activity Co-ordinators in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, Personality Disorder Services, Learning Disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Acute mental health, Psychiatric Intensive Care Units, and inpatient Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Low caseload number to support intensive focused interventions.
The Successful Candidate should be / have:
- Experienced in the field of mental health desired.
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process / interventions and can take a “hands on” approach.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary of up to £25,150 depending on experience.
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development.
- Clinical supervision from a Senior Occupational Therapist.
- Company pension scheme.
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card.
- Free parking & meals on duty.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.