Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Highly Specialist Speech And Language Therapist
Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
DoE up to £47690
Full time or part time options considered
40 hours per week
Are you an experienced therapist looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to progress your career?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and caring individual to join the company as a Highly Specialised Speech and Language Therapist. We offer accelerated learning, excellent training opportunities, and high quality supervision as well as a variety of staff benefits.
The successful post holder will co-deliver our community based pathways for speech and language therapy to individuals living at the following residential locations.
- Elston House - NG23 5NP
- Beeches - DN22 0BY
- Birches - NG24 4JD
- Pines - NG19 8QX
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with behaviours that challenge
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective environment for those we support, promoting independence and community integration.
As a highly specialised Speech and Language Therapist, you will be given the opportunity to excel your skills in leading on the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group. Working as part of the integrated multi-disciplinary team, you will use your expert skills and knowledge to train others, promote best practice and embed positive and inclusive environments, with the ultimate aim of ensuring that people and their friends and families are true partners in their care. Clinical Supervision will be provided in-house.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Experience in the field of Leaning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Knowledge of low tech/high tech AAC.
- Ability to assess and manage eating, drinking and swallowing needs.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and passionate.
In return we offer:
- Monthly Clinical Supervision, weekly 1-2-1s, and access to specialised forums.
- CPD, developmental opportunities and accredited training in core approaches such as Makaton, PECs, social stories and more!
- Opportunity to advance training skills to tutor level or conduct research.
- Paid RCSLT CEN membership via Basecamp.
- Routine service meetings with over 50 SLTs but also like minded SLTs working in similar settings.
- Meal provision on duty and free parking
- Company pension and employee reward scheme including NHS discounts and much more!
- Full induction training is given.
For more information on Speech and Language Therapy at Cygnet please visit our page:
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Please note this position may close early on receipt of sufficient applications.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Katie Dixon, Recruiter on 07436 256 225 or Carla Bartlett, Director of SLT (Social Care) on 07803 248 026.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.