Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Qualified Psychologist - 9 month FTC
Are you an outstanding Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with a passion for delivering high quality care?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We need a Qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about helping people with a range of complex mental health needs. So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
You will be joining Cygnet Hoospital Hexham on a 9 month fixed term contract, ideally working 32hrs over 4 days per week, this is negotiable for the right applicant.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team. We have an exciting opportunity for either newly or recently qualified Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologists, we would also welcome applications from Principal Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologists.
Cygnet Hospital Hexham:
Cygnet Hospital Hexham is our 27 bed mental health facility for women with complex mental health needs. The hospital is built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
The post-holder will have a key role in providing:
- Specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy. You will also consider potential risks and social needs of the client group, relevant to their diagnosis.
- Collaboratively develop risk assessments and care plans with the MDT.
- You will work as part of a dedicated clinical team providing a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation in a therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
- You will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area and provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
- As a HCPC Registered Psychologist, you will have a pivotal role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development along with the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is...
- A HCPC registered Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist with experience in a clinical forensic or mental health setting
- Able to work effective as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Preferably trained in complex therapies such as Schema focused, Compassion Focused and DBT, but not essential
- Passionate about working with people with a range of complex mental health needs
- Capable of working with difficulties such as physical & verbal aggression, history of offending, drug and alcohol problems and self-harm.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Free parking
- Free meals for staff on duty
- Group pension plan
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card (includes big brand discounts)
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Clinical supervision and peer support
Plus much more…
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays and leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in and out of work.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.