Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
At Cygnet you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
The hospital is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland, within acres of peaceful fields. This quiet and tranquil environment offers great benefit to our service users who are able to walk in the expansive hospital grounds and take in the countryside scenery. Taunton town centre offers contrast to the quieter country life with market places, shopping malls and many other entertainment areas such as restaurants, theatres and cinemas.
In this role you will ...
- Assist in achieving and maintaining the efficient and economic production of quality food whilst ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for providing special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual residents.
- Maintain an accurate record/list of food supplies, freezer temperature requirements, etc. where requested/required while ensuring Statutory Health and Safety Standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- NVQ 2 or equivalent or evidence of the same experience in catering
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is not essential as training will be given on site.
- Have an expertise in dietary requirements (i.e. Halal/diabetic/vegan)
- Knowledge of nutrition and have the ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.