Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Assistant Psychologist Adult Mental Health.
Employer: Cygnet Healthcare
Location: Cygnet Newham House
Salary: £25,100 pro rata for 32 hours (£20,080 in total)
Hours: 32 Hours per Week
We are looking for a confident Assistant Psychologist with a passion for delivering outstanding care. You’ll be working 32 hours a week, making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Newham House.
Cygnet Newham House is a neuropsychiatric inpatient service for women providing neurorehabilitation, therapy and positive behaviour support. You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team including registered nurses, support workers, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and neuropsychiatry. You will be carrying out behaviour recording, positive behaviour support plans, low-intensity psychological interventions, report writing and staff training, under the supervision of a clinical psychologist/neuropsychologist.
Main duties of the job
You will carry out basic screening assessments of mood and cognition, you will develop formulations, contributing to the staff and resident’s understanding of their difficulties using a biopsychosocial model. You will be carrying out low-intensity psychological interventions to residents under the supervision of a psychologist. You will be writing positive behaviour support plans with input from staff, patients and families, under supervision from a psychologist. You will be collecting and utilising behaviour management information. You will be building therapeutic relationships with staff, residents and families. You will be delivering group psychological interventions to staff and residents. You will supporting the service through completion of audit and service development projects.
We offer support to assistant psychologists through the Cygnet Assistant Psychologist’s Development Programme. You will get access to live and recorded sessions from clinical psychologists/neuropsychologists on a variety of subjects relevant to your role. You will also have access to peer support through a monthly assistant psychologist in neuropsychiatry group meeting. You will receive regular clinical supervision.
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up. Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.
We are looking for an Assistant Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Newham House
This role will be working part-time, 32 hours a week.
We are seeking an academically strong candidate to support and enhance the psychological care of patients at the service by assisting the Qualified Psychologist with;
- Contributing to assessments, scoring and reporting (verbal / written)
- Clinical formulation and implementing care plans for psychological treatment
- Planning, delivering and evaluating individual / group programmes
- Administration, audit, research and service development
We’re looking for someone who is
- Degree qualified in Psychology (2:1 or above) or equivalent
- BPS (British Psychological Society) Accredited
- Preferably experienced in health care and/or in an Assistant Psychologist role
- Passionate about learning and working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Qualified to Master’s degree level or higher in Psychology (preferable)
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Salary: £25,100 pro rata for 32 hours (£20,080 in total)
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre e.g. NHS card
- Free meals
- Internal and external CPD opportunities
- Opportunities to become involved in research
- Clinical supervision and peer support
- Contracted hours: 32 hours per week
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.