Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Deputy Head of Occupational Therapy (Band 6/Band 7)
Are you a confident and experienced Band 6/7 Occupational Therapist who would like to explore a more rewarding managerial and clinical challenge in Inpatient Mental Health Services?
Would you like to be part of a pioneering Occupational Therapy service to embed co-production at all levels of care?
Post: Deputy Head of Occupational Therapy (Specialist Occupational Therapist)
Salary: Up to £50,000 per year / dependant on experience
Base: Cygnet Hospital Blackheath, 80-82 Blackheath Hill, Blackheath, London SE10 8AD
- Provision of Occupational Therapy on Meridian Ward (male low secure service) at Cygnet Hospital Blackheath.
- Leading the Occupational Therapy Team at Cygnet Blackheath and Cygnet Lodge Lewisham.
Responsible to: Head of Occupational Therapy (based at Cygnet Hospital Beckton) and Regional Director of Occupational Therapy
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm
Overview of services:
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
Cygnet Lodge Lewisham is a male High Dependency Unit for individuals who are preparing to be discharged back into the community, whether that is to supported accommodation or independent living.
The Occupational Therapy Team work within a multi-disciplinary team to drive forward programmes of recovery and rehabilitation. Our care pathways are evidence based with a focus on social inclusion and independent living skills. The multi-disciplinary team consists of medical, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy and social work.
In this role you will provide direct clinical care and use leadership and management skills to develop more junior occupational therapy staff across 3 wards (service lines).
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of individuals within the service. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to an individual’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly within the multidisciplinary team.
If you feel you suit the criteria and have an interest in this position then please make an application today.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Head of Occupational Therapy Jennifer Beal (0207 511 2299) or our Specialist Recruiter Alma Matei at AlmaMatei@cygnethealth.co.uk
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills, including sensory integration training and leadership and management training
- You will be an integral part of a well-established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- To have the opportunity to learn and develop within a wider 3 site Occupational Therapy Team (Beckton, Blackheath & Lewisham)
- Dedicated CPD time being part of a national network of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- RCOT Membership
- An advanced understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Resilience and ability to manage service challenges
- Experience in the field of adult mental health
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary of up to £50,000 per year DOE
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Integration
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development
- Company pension scheme; Life insurance and health plan
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.