Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Do you love new challenges? Are you excited about new technology experimentation? Are you looking for a new challenge that stretches your talents? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for a Data Engineer that likes solving complex problems across a full spectrum of technologies. You will help ensure our technological infrastructure operates seamlessly in support of our business objectives.
You will help us to create and develop data as we move forward into our new Snowflake environment to ensure we deliver accurate and timely information to the rest of the business. You will also have an understanding and hands on experience of integrations across multiple systems.
- Develop and implement data pipelines that extract, transform and load data using into our Snowflake environment for use with reporting tools such as Power BI and SSRS.
- Work on ingesting, storing, processing and analysing large data sets.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a scalable and high-performance data warehouse.
- Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs.
- Investigate and analyse alternative solutions to data storing, processing etc. to ensure the most streamlined approaches are implemented.
- Build and maintain integrations across various platforms.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines implementing ETL/ELT processes using the appropriate business tools.
- Take responsibility for data set development and implementation.
- Work closely with the wider data and BI Team’s in implementing data analytic pipelines.
- Help define data governance policies and support data versioning processes.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Define, build and maintain the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
- An expert in SQL development, designing and developing scalable ETL packages from the business source systems.
- Analyse complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models.
- Responsible for designing, architecting and developing the data environment.
- Supporting and influencing the implementation of the data strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the entire Data & Analytics teams, providing support to the entire department for its data centric needs.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance.
- Performs similar duties as delegated by the Data Manager, Principle Data Engineer, Head of Data & Analytics and Chief Information Officer.
- Convey technical messages to collaborative non-technical departments and colleagues.
- Documentation of Data architecture, policies, and procedures.
- Developing integrations, using our Ipaas platform, Talend and integration best practise.
- Maintaining the integrity and smooth functioning of the company's integration architecture.
- Designing, planning and integrations as defined by the business to ensure that strategic objectives can be met.
- Checking and correcting conflicts in data configurations and overlaps.
- Analysing and improving current system integrations and data migration
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.