Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for full time or part time Nurse associates, NMC registered or soon to be registered to join our team at our low secure and mental health rehabilitation hospital based in Derby.
You will be working either 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week at Cygnet Hospital Derby, a mixture of day and night shifts.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. Our integrated male care pathway includes Litchurch Ward, our low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service. Alvaston Ward, our specialist female personality disorder service, is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
You will work independently under the leadership of our Registered Nurses, to provide holistic and person centred care and support for service users. You will deliver hands on care for patients as part of the nursing team.
- Support the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care planning & risk assessments with service users on admission and at appropriate intervals and under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Ensure all interventions are documented clearly and comprehensively in clinical notes, care plans, risk assessments and other under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Undertake medication administration duties in-line with the NMC code, Cygnet’s policies, and own professional sphere of competence.
- Completing safe and therapeutic observation and engagement duties in line with relevant Cygnet policies.
- Practice in line with Cygnet’s organisational values; (Care, Respect, Empower, Trust, and Integrity).
- You will work within the NMC code of conduct, acting in the best interests of people you care for
You are/ will...
- Educated to a minimum level 5 Foundation degree level specific to nursing associate practice
- Understanding of the scope of the role of the Nursing Associate in context of the nursing and interdisciplinary team and the organisation, and how the role may contribute to service development
- Experience of working in teams under appropriate supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills IT skills appropriate to the role
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- £14.70 per hour, increasing to £15.23 after probation
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.