Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Join Our New Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service:
Cygnet Paddocks is our New purpose built, Flagship Acquired Brain Injury Service located in Widnes, Cheshire set to open its doors in June 2024.
We are actively seeking experienced, resilient and dedicated Registered General/Adult Nurses to join our founding team who can play a pivotal role in shaping the culture, practices, and success of this brand-new facility.
Cygnet Paddocks will offer an extensive Neuropsychiatric treatment, care and rehabilitation pathway which is unique in its ability to provide a dedicated pathway to meet the complex needs of service users within their care.
Supporting the level 1 Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation Pathway for the North West, with a focus exclusively on Adult Males. Paddocks has individually designed wards to facilitate a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway for those affected by an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI); where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to contribute to the ongoing development of the service. Participate in audits and quality improvement initiatives
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
Why Cygnet? We offer:
- Exclusive discounts through our NHS & employee discount scheme.
- Ability to make a real transformational impact on the quality of our service users lives daily.
- Free meals whilst on duty.
- Free parking
- Bespoke career progression pathways
- Annual Staff Recognition & Awards Evenings.
Plus much more
The Successful Candidate:
- Current and valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a Registered General/Adult Nurse.
- Ideally previous experience in Acquired Brain Injury though not essential a willingness to learn and adapt is crucial.
- Openness and flexibility to thrive in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and compassion towards patients and their families.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team, patients, and their support networks.
- Preparedness to undertake the physical care needs of patients, demonstrating a hands-on approach to nursing care.
- Advocate for patient rights and well-being with a commitment to providing patient-centred care and ensuring their voices are at forefront of treatment.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact LouisBrown@Cygnethealth.co.uk.