Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Senior Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Cygnet Healthcare are looking for confident Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a passion for delivering outstanding care to join our New Service – Cygnet Hospital Wolverhampton opening in Summer 2024.
At Cygnet Hospital Wolverhampton you will be working 42 hours per week including days/nights and weekends.
Cygnet Hospital Wolverhampton is our new state-of-the-art PICU & Acute hospital for men, in the West Midlands. The service will be opening in mid-2024.
The service will feature two wards. A 12-bed PICU ward and a 17-bed Acute ward. Cygnet Hospital Wolverhampton will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment.
Your Day-to-Day at Cygnet Hospital Wolverhampton …
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members’ competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and lead by example, teach, inspire and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Use technology and innovation to improve patient experience.
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & supervisions
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient leader of other nurses.
- Experienced RMN with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families’ visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.