Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Highly Specialist Speech And Language Therapist
Are you a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with a passion for delivering high quality care for individuals with acquired brain injury or progressive neurological conditions?
If so, we are interested in hearing from you about joining our new service opening in the North West!
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
Cygnet Paddocks is our new specialist Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation service for men opening in June 2024. The service will provide a dedicated care pathway for men affected by acquired brain injury or neurological conditions, where behaviours that challenge are the overarching impairment to recovery and rehabilitation. The service is due to open in June 2024.
The individually designed wards will replicate the well-established rehabilitation and treatment pathways already successfully offered by Cygnet in other Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation services; facilitating a clear and distinctive care and treatment pathway led by an all-encompassing in-house clinical and medical team.
The post-holder will have a key role in:
- Providing specialist speech, language and communication assessments and the management of eating, drinking and swallowing needs; input may be delivered through individual and / or group therapy
- Developing and maintaining inclusive communication environment underpinned by RCSLT’s 5 Good Communication Standards
- Engaging in collaborative goal-setting and care planning with individuals (patients) and in conjunction with other members of the MDT
- Working as part of a dedicated clinical team providing a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation in a therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
- Offering insight and expertise in communication and swallowing needs to individuals in your care as well as staff, families and commissioners.
You will be integral to the successful implementation of Cygnet’s Model of Care for Neuropsychiatry as well as embedding the SLT pathway for this service. You can expect to receive regular, high-quality supervision and contact with your clinical supervisor. You will be required to provide clinical supervision to another SLT within the service-line. Full induction training will be provided.
We are looking for someone who is...
- An HCPC-registered Speech and Language Therapist
- Evidence of having worked at Specialist SLT level for at least 2 years, with at least 5 years’ experience overall
- Experience of working with individuals with acquired SLCN and / or mental health needs and is interested in further developing and diversifying their clinical skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Capable of working with difficulties such as physical & verbal aggression, history of offending, drug and alcohol problems and self-harm.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Excellent access to clinical resources
- Free parking
- Free meals for staff on duty
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card (includes big brand discounts)
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice
- 24/7 GP
- Long service rewards
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays and leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in and out of work.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
For further information about the role, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruitment Team Leader (07702 847 341) or Dominique St Clair Miller, Director of SLT & Dietetics-Healthcare (07885 476 384)