Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Activity co-ordinator (CAMHS)
Are you already a Support Worker looking for a new challenge, or do you have a keen interest in this area of work and a desire to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the role of Activities in Mental Health rehabilitation and the role of Occupational Therapy?
Would you like to explore a more rewarding career in a mental health service?
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and creative person to deliver activities programmes to our patients in our CAMHS service (Children & Adolescent Mental Health Services)
In this role you will plan, implement and develop an activity programme to meet the patients’ needs as a group and as individuals. This will be designed following direction from the OT to plan activities to support individuals with their recovery in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
Joint working across different wards may occasionally be required and this will provide you with additional learning and professional development opportunities. In house and external training is provided to support you to develop your professional skills.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- Experience in the field of mental health - desired
- An understanding of mental health recovery and rehabilitation
- An understanding of the role of ‘meaningful activity’ in rehabilitation
- Can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, IT skills and time management skills
- Have lots of hobbies and interests to bring to the role
In return we will offer you:
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development.
- Clinical supervision from an Occupational Therapist or other qualified clinician.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.