Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
PBS Practitioner Lead - Social Care
We are excited to be recruiting a PBS Practitioner Lead to join Cygnet Social care.
Cygnet have been providing a national network of specialist care services for more than 30 years.
With us, you’ll have the chance to progress your career as part of a dynamic, supportive team.
We are seeking a PBS Practitioner Lead to take forward the development and implementation of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) and associated practices in Cygnet Social Care, in line with best practice and national standards.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake aspects of functional assessment and support planning working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders.
As part of this role the candidate will also be required to provide supervision and leadership to the regional PBS practitioners within the organisation.
So if you care about making a difference – every day – we want to hear from you.
- Take professional responsibility for ensuring PBS and associated practices are in line with local/national best practice, policy and NICE guidance.
- Provide behavioural advice, guidance and consultation to support staff, families and other professionals contributing directly to peoples’ assessment, analysis and intervention plans within a Positive Behavioural Support Framework.
- Develop approach to functional behavioural assessment and PBS planning and interventions
We are looking for someone who is...
- Recognised professional qualification in PBS or Behavioural Analysis
- Exceptional professional experience (minimum 5 years) in a health or social care environment, leading behavioural support to people a learning disability, autistic spectrum conditions, mental health problems and trauma
- Experience of the practical application of PBS including functional behavioural assessment, risk assessment, formulation and PBS planning
- Substantial experience of leading and coaching teams and carers to implement techniques and strategies to embed person-centred practices including active support
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary/multi-agency framework and understands the importance of this to achieve desired outcomes for people
- The ability to travel independently across Cygnet Social Care services
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, & support with CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to work” scheme & employee discount saving.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.