Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Deputy Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD)
We are looking for a Deputy Ward Manager with a passion for delivering outstanding care, working 38.5 hours a week (based on a rota of long days, nights and weekends).
You’ll have the opportunity to work on Saltwood Ward at Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
Saltwood Ward provides a 16 bed low secure service for men with enduring mental illness, including those with a personality disorder at our hospital in Kent, Cygnet Hospital Maidstone.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults. Maidstone is purpose built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone has four wards including a highly specialised personality disorder service for women (Roseacre Ward), high dependency rehabilitation service for men (Kingswood Ward), specialist PICU service for men (Bearsted Ward) and male low secure service (Saltwood Ward)
- Maintaining a professional and high standard of patient care
- Adhering to all Cygnet Health Care policies, procedures and local policies
- Ability to work a range of shifts and to work 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday when deputising for the Ward Manager
- Ensure effective processes are in place regarding the following: compliance, induction, training, probation, performance management, supervisions and appraisals
- Creation and management of rotas, ensuring there is a good balance of skill/gender mix/permanent to non-permanent staff and ward matrixes are adhered to according to HPPD
- Leading on regulatory requirements such as CQC/QAM and Quality Network
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
An experienced RMN/RNLD with a current Pin Number, you have…
- A Qualified (RNLD or RMN)
- Experienced within a mental health setting & a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits & demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience & a dedication to empower & support service user independence
- Please refer to job description
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the link to apply.