Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Ward Manager (RMN / RNLD)
We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager (RMN / RNLD) who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, with bleep cover one day a week 7.30am-8pm) at Cygnet Hospital Beckton.
We are looking for a Ward Manager to join us on Upping Ward. Upping Ward is our Intensive Support Service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex mental health needs.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a specialist service for women, situated in the East End of London. We provide a comprehensive service across four specialist wards; PICU, Acute, Tier 4 Personality Disorder and Personality Disorder for women with complex mental health needs.
This is a unique opportunity to work within forward-thinking hospital with a drive for innovation and creativity; we are looking for a motivated leader to share our passion for new ideas and drive for sustained high quality care delivery as part of a supportive team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate unit coordinator rota system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours (one day per week 7:30am – 8:00pm)
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals, on-site parking and EAP support
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit, including 24 hour GP service with the option of prescription delivery to your local pharmacy
- Gym Discounts across the UK as well as free online fitness classes with ClassPass, Nutritional Programmes and Fitness Consultations
- Discount schemes including Reward Gateway, NHS Discount and Blue Lights Card
- Plus much more
- A qualified RMN / RNLD with a valid NMC pin number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – (preferably experience of working in personality disorders/acute setting)
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Experienced working with service users with personality disorder
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Click the link to apply - Thank you.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.