Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
IMT Service Desk Engineer
We are looking for an organised IMT Service Desk Enginner with a passion for making a difference to others.
The Purpose of this role is to train and teach the individual how to support and maintain the below systems and software. Part of this role will be to provide high quality ICT support to all our Cygnet sites through the delivery of good customer service and technical support via number of avenues such as telephone, email, remote support and face to face.
The role will include logging and managing support requests on our internal Service Desk system, problem diagnosis, work allocation and resolution while working to Service Level Agreements. It requires an excellent understanding of, and commitment to good customer service, along with a solid understanding of I.T.
The role will be primarily based at the Coventry IMT Office, but may on occasion require travel to other sites as dictated by service and team requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work as part of a centralised ICT support team, acting as the first point of contact for all ICT support queries whether it be via phone, email or face to face.
- To resolve as many queries on first contact as possible within the remit of the team and within knowledge. To escalate within the team if you are unable to deal directly and to ensure knowledge is gained going forward.
- To log all queries on the Service Desk management software ensuring ‘tickets’ are fully noted, categorised and assigned and managed within SLA’s.
- To prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly.
- To identify problems from repeat incidents and escalate internally.
- To be able to provide meaningful instruction to users at their technical level of understanding, and be able to advise users on best practice (E.g. File management and storage issues).
- To provide general support including support Microsoft Office products.
- To administrate company mobiles phones and provide guidance.
- Administration of user accounts using Active Directory.
- Support printer and photocopiers and liaise with the leasing company to manage fault resolution and facilitate meter readings.
- Provide direct physical support where required – A driving license will be required.
- To provide the highest level of first line user support, both technical and non-technical, to new and existing Clinical and Administrative members of staff across the Group, this may include areas of system training using remote tools, in person or a group.
- Undertake any reasonable request within own competencies and understanding.
- Ensure the security of data and adhere to Cygnet IG policies & procedures at all times.
- Provide any additional support to any team member as required.
- Uphold procedures and guidelines set out by the ICT Department or the Cygnet Group.
- Follow Cygnet Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the Cygnet Group.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as directed that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.