Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Lead Physical Health Nurse (RGN)
Joining Cygnet brings with it an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis. We are seeking a physical health nurse to provide leadership and support to our nurse and medical team.
At Cygnet Alders we provide individualised care and treatment for females with complex mental health needs. Many of the service users we support also have co-existing physical health needs and require frequent physical health monitoring. We are a 20 bedded specialist hospital with good transport links and community access near Tuffley in Gloucester.
If you are looking for a full or part time role which is essential for leading on developing the physical health interventions and monitoring for our service users, we could just be the opportunity you are looking for.
You will need to be an experienced Registered General Nurse (RGN) and have excellent skills and knowledge in physical health care. Your personal attributes will include, compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence.
Key responsibilities for the post holder will be to:
- Develop a development plan for the service to increase the expertise and provision of physical healthcare at Cygnet Alders
- Co-ordinate the GP clinic on a weekly basis and follow up with the team any agreed care plan changes required.
- Liaise with relevant health professionals e.g. primary, secondary and tertiary care teams, including the local GP practice, ambulance service and general hospital emergency departments.
- Model good practice and contribute to the provision of care by providing specialist therapeutic input where appropriate.
- Advise staff in maintaining quality physical health monitoring and the management of the deteriorating patient
- Assist staff to devise quality physical health care plans based on best practice developed through research and evidence.
- Develop relevant clinical skills training for staff in collaboration with the training department and external training agencies if appropriate.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Health and Safety:
Comply with the provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation and take personal responsibility for own safety and health while at work.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS - discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to email@example.com
The above duties are neither exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as directed by the Nurse Practitioner/ Clinical Quality and Compliance Manager that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.