Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
We are looking for an outstanding Activities Coordinator with a passion for delivering excellent care.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week at Hexham Hospital. This is our 27 bed mental health facility for women with complex mental health needs. The hospital is built to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
Situated amongst the soft fields and meadows of the Tyne valley, which is known for its abbey, leafy parks, and mix of independent shops, the hospital will provide an important and much-needed service for service users within the North East of England.
As part of our continued efforts to improve service users care and treatment pathway’s the hospital will benefit from a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses across RMN and RGN disciplines, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and support workers.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Develop, plan, implement & oversee activities, outings & events for the people in our care
- Provide fun & constructive leisure time, as well as appropriate physical & emotional support
- Ensure the provision of staff, space & materials for all activities
- Supervise, oversee & develop colleagues
- Oversee the creation of promotional materials for events
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Strong career progression opportunities, including into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Opportunities for learning & development
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings
- An excellent role model who knows what good care looks like
- Highly organised, with a positive attitude
- A confident public speaker & facilitator
- Knowledgeable of suitable activities & pastimes to support mental health service users
- Positive in your approach to working with challenging behaviours
- Experienced in planning, resourcing & carrying out events & activities
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.