Southside Building, 31 Hurst Street,
Birmingham, B5 4BD
Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD)
Are you an experienced Nurse (RMN/RNLD) with a passion for delivering the best quality of care?
Cygnet Healthcare are looking for a PICU & Acute – RMN / RNLD to join our fantastic New Service – Cygnet Hospital Oldbury opening in Summer 2024.
At Cygnet Hospital Oldbury you will be working 40 hours per week including days/nights and weekends.
Cygnet Hospital Oldbury is our new state-of-the-art PICU & Acute hospital for women, in the West Midlands. The service will be opening in mid-2024.
The service will feature two wards. A 12-bed PICU ward and a 15-bed Acute ward. Cygnet Hospital Oldbury will have a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and will support the acute needs of adults requiring rapid access to mental health services, including those who may need an intensive care environment.
Your day-to-day at Cygnet Hospital Oldbury …
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Management of staffing levels and rotas.
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, supervision, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Be part of a high performing management team to develop innovative forward thinking service.
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/Registered Learning Disability Nurse with a valid pin (RMN / RNLD)
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Experience with the service user group – Personality Disorder/Rehab/Female services
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Annual Salary of £52,500 Per Annum
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free Parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation, and Health checks
Click ‘Apply’ or alternatively, email you CV to email@example.com
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.